Tuesday 1 March 2016

Practical Response 1.0

As a response to my essay on the role of print media in the digital age, I aim to create a practical piece of graphic design that backs up the concepts, theories and argument in my essay.

ARGUMENT: Print media and digital media should work together to aid each others development.
  • Avoid using digital techniques
  • Needs to be bespoke 
  • Something digital cant replicate
  • Print media and digital media working together - Supports my essay

Initial Concepts:

  • Spoke about QR codes in my essay because I believe they're likely to be used more as technology develops and it can be used in combination with print and digital media. 

In order to visually communicate this concept, I thought of materials and processes that would be appropriate. I aim to focus on using a combination of analogue and digital processes to demonstrate how the two medias can be combined. However, I want the final outcome to be predominantly analogue. 

LINO: Cut QR code out of lino and print to add a textured, 'rough' finish. This suggests how digital outcomes can be constricting and avoid expression. 

SCREEN PRINT: I can digitally create the design and then screen print the composition using a range of colours and layering techniques. 

LABYRINTH (WOOD): QR code visually reminds me of a labyrinth - Could make a labyrinth that looks like a QR code. This will be visual and practical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment