Tuesday 18 April 2017

ESSAY PLAN

Did Modernism make people more aware of good design? So that the breaking of the rules was more evident? And more effective?

Focus on the period between Modernism and Postmodernism


300 words: INTRO
State argument, say what the reader will learn, summarise the whole thing stating the aims of the essay. - I intend to write this last

800 words on MODERNISM:
History and Context of Modernism - 275
  • Objectivity in design - theories of Modernism - 275
  • Visual examples of late modernist objective design - 275
800 words on POSTMODERNISM
  • History and context of Postmodernism - 275
  • Theories of postmodernism - Subjectivity, Ugly Design - 275
  • Visual example of postmodernist design - 275
800 on BOTH
  • Wim and Jan's debate - 275
  • End it with my assertion that one can break the rules of design (postmod) by having a good understanding of good design (late modernism) - 275
  • Consideration of Meta-modernism being an acceptance of modernism and postmodernism 
300 words: CONCLUSION


A reminder for the reader - focus on what the reader has learnt from each section. Restate the aim of the essay. And conclude with overall findings/argument. - Try not to repeat myself.


This essay plan will act as a guide in order to give my essay a clear structure. I intend to be flexible with the word count for each section, as some topic and arguments may need more supporting evidence in order to build a stronger argument. I intend on writing the introduction and conclusion at the end as my essay may change as I am writing. Perhaps Wim and Jan's argument can be integrated into the essay, however at this stage I need to increase my word count.








No comments:

Post a Comment