Saturday 20 January 2018

Practical Investigation - Crit

I pitched my overarching aims of the research project and highlighted my key findings:
  • Emphasis on process
  • Availability
  • Allowing people to experience art outside the exhibition context
  • Symbiotic relationship between the artists' book and publishing
  • Symbiotic relationship between print and digital
  • Graphic design is ultimately increasing standard and reputation
My crit group was predominantly UX designers which gave me a new perspective of the impact technology is having on the development of user interaction.

My research question touches on technological advancements such as the Mac, digital printing and the WWW. This ultimately increased communications between artists' and allowed them to take on the role of publishing for themselves. Whilst my initial intention was to create a printed outcome, there is potential to show the symbiotic relationship between artists' and publishers by publishing my artists' book through print and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment