Friday 12 January 2018

Time Plan

Evidence that I can organise, plan and effectively manage self-directed projects:

Stay on track
Give myself enough time for a deeper practical response
Make sure that I am ready for each tutorial to get the most out of it
Make sure I get the most from crits

November

1st - 3rd:
- Reflect on initial research presentation
- Applying my knowledge of authorship to concentrate on a specific area of design
- My interest in experimental design and print lead me to look at the artists' book. Became interested in how artists' are interpreting the form of the book away from commercial realities.

6th - 10th:
- Research into artists' books - What is an artists' book? Origins. Define 'for the purpose of this research question.
- Research into current state of independent publishing
- Case studies

13th - 17th:
- Combine all my research and reflect on what I have learnt
- Start to formulate a plan - Sieve out my research into most relevant content

20th - 24th:
- Write out introduction - What will I be looking at? Why?
- Find case studies that I can use to explore my research question.
- Start on chapter 1 - MY KNOWLEDGE

27th - 1st Dec:
- Primary research - Interview professionals identified from my previous research
- Aim to finish chapter 1.

4th - 8th:
- Influence of new technologies and how artists' are reacting to this
- Complete chapter 1.
- Start on chapter 2
- Initial ideas for my practical response to my investifation

11th - 15th:
- Refer back to my plan - restructure as my knowledge grows
- What is my conclusion going to be?
- Aim to have a completed first draft ready for proof reading and deeper exploration

(CHRISTMAS BREAK - Make sure I have the relevant books/materials for working at home)

18th - 22nd:
- Continue writing and editing
- Practical investigation - Write out a brief to follow
- Find visual examples to use as inspiration

Christmas + New Year

2nd Jan - 5th Jan
- Aim to have essay pretty much finished
- Blog

8th Jan - 12th Jan
- Practical - How does this relate to my essay
- Blog
- PRINT ESSAY AND BIND

15th - 19th
- Design Boards
- Formulate my submission

22nd Jan:
- HAND IN OUGD601

No comments:

Post a Comment